Situated amidst lush greenery and paddy fields in Jalaghata, Singur the campus of Government General Degree College, Singur covers an area of 6.58 acres. The relevant infrastructural attributes of the college includes the three storied main building with classrooms, laboratories, library, office and seminar hall in addition to a huge playground, Students' Activity Centre and girls and boys common room. For student’s convenience, college runs a canteen. College has the facility of having Solar-power generation and rain water harvesting. Campus is helpful for the differently-abled with hand rails and ramp in the main entrance. The college contains a room for the medically sick persons. It has separate toilets for male and female students and faculties. It has separate toilet for differently-abled female students. This college has 30 classrooms along with a spacious conference hall. Science departments of the college contain eight laboratories to conduct the practicum. Two well equipped computer labs are there for Computer Science & Mathematics. There are more than 50 computers in the college to make the official and academic work smooth and hassle-free. The Central Library of the college has more than 7000 books which makes easier for the user to gain and retrieve the information. The college is going to have its digital library soon, as the digitization process is going on. This institute has N-list facility through which a large repository of academic resources can be accessed online. The big playground in the college campus motivates the students to be physically fit and make them engage in more sports related activities. For the students’ recreation, college provides separate common rooms for boys and girls, along with a Students’ activity room with several indoor games facilities. College encourages the students to be better in their co-curricular activities along with their academic interests. With different cultural programmes (Rabindra Jayanti Celebration, Freshers’ welcome, Social, Independence Day celebration to name a few) students get a better chance to flourish their skill, which would help in their overall development. This college has zero tolerance for ragging and sexual h arassment and as a result it has separate cell addressing these issues (when and if required). College always tries to create an atmosphere of equity and well-being of the students. To promote and maintain the better mental health of the students and teachers, the college has a counselling cell as well. Details about some relevant facilities are as follows:
- With the support from the government, the laboratories of this college are rapidly turning into extremely well-equipped facilities for running practical courses and also for research purposes.
- The students are always encouraged to nurture their skills in the laboratory under the expert guidance of the faculty members.
- Smart class is an educational innovation steadily gaining popularity in the modern times. Smart Classrooms are technology enhanced classrooms that foster opportunities for teaching and learning by integrating learning technology, such as computer, specialized software, audience response technology, assistive listening devices, networking and, audio-visual facilities.
- This institute contains two smart class-rooms with over-head projectors, which makes it easier for the speakers to project their ideas in a much better way while presenting.
- In addition to that some departments such as the departments of Computer Science, Zoology, Botany and Anthropology are equipped with dedicated projectors. This kind of audio-visual aids help teachers to explain their subject matter in a proficient way.
- Most of the departments have desktop which makes the knowledge imparting process a convenient one.
- The College is Wi-Fi enabled which helps the teachers and students to stay connected to the internet.
- Engaging lecture demonstrations made possible in these smart classrooms help to garner student attention and develop their passion for their subject of choice.
- There is a well-equipped Seminar hall/ Conference Room with over head projector for
- Apart from regular classes, our college regularly organizes seminars where eminent scholars from diverse backgrounds are invited to present their valuable insights, observations and share their views and opinions with the students and the faculty members of the college.
- An air-conditioned Seminar Hall, situated at the first floor of the college building, is dedicated for this purpose.
- Academic Talks, Quizzes, Workshops, and Cultural Programmes are organized here on a regular basis.
Scholarship Notice for signature by Head of the Institution session 2022-23
Notice For State Your Willingness For Admission
Applications are invited for Reserved Categories (Third time)
Cancellation of Admission and Refund of Admission Fee