Grievance Redressal Cell
Government General Degree College,Singur is committed to providing a safe, fair and harmonious learning andwork environment from its very onset. Grievance Redressal Cell was established at this College on 2017 as a Special Cell under in accordance with the University Grants Commission regulation (The Gazette ofIndia, March 23-29, 2013), and Article XXV of the constitution.The aim of the Grievance Redressal Cell is to address the grievances of any stakeholder of this in a fair and impartial manner, maintaining necessary confidentiality, as the case may be. Any stakeholder with a genuine grievance may approach Grievance Redressal Cell to submit his/her grievance in writing or send through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘Grievances’include the following complaints of the aggrieved students :
- Admission should be on merit based and any irregularities related to it
- Any misleading or false information in the Prospectus
- Withhold or to refuse to refund any document deposited by the students for or during the admission and to compel such student to pay any kind of fees for any course
- Extra money charged other than the declared admission policy of the concern
- Breach in reservation policy in admission
- Nonpayment or delay in payment of scholarships
- Delay in conducting of examinations or declaration of results
- On provision of student amenities
- Non transparent evaluation practices
Objectives of Grievance Redressal Cell :
- To uphold the dignity of the College by promoting cordial Student-Student relationship, Student-Teacher relationship, Teacher-Teacher relationship.
- To ensure that grievances are resolved promptly, objectively, unbiased, with sensitivity and in complete confidentiality.
- To ensure that the views of each grievant and respondent are respected and that any party to a grievance is neither discriminated against nor victimized.
- To advise to respect the right and dignity of one another, and notto behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
Functions of the Grievance Redressal Cell
- To provide with proper advocacy to anyone whether student or teacher or staff to express their grievances freely without any fear of being victimized.
- To ensure that there is no reprisal of any kind against any applicant, witness, or any other participant in the grievance redressal process by reason of such participation in the grievance process.
- To protect the privacy and confidentiality of all parties during the investigation, consistent with and subject to the policy guidelines.
- To obtain the facts through relevant sources in a fair and objective manner, to work out a resolution of the issues involved with the parties named in the grievance application.
- To ensure speedy disposal of every grievance application - within a maximum period of one month of the receipt of application
The followings are the members of College Grievance Redressal Cell (CGRC) in this year (2021-22):
- Satyajit Chaudhuri (Convenor)
- Subhendu Maity (Convenor)
- Susmita Bhattacharya
- Binita Basu
- Proggya Ghatak