Green initiatives & Waste Management
The teachers and students of Government General Degree College, Singur are inspired to adopt following initiatives as stated:
- The vegetation of the campus is well maintained by departmental teachers and students.
- The vegetation of the campus is documented by Department of Botany.
- A small medicinal garden is mentioned by the teachers of Department of Botany.
- Tree Plantation Programme ‘Van mahotsav’ is celebrated throughout the second week of August every year by NSS and the Department of Botany.
- Dustbins are placed at different corner of every floor and all are directed regarding its proper use.
- Spreading awareness programme against Dengue and Malaria by NSS.
- Several programmes regarding Biodiversity are conducted by the college with the collaboration with Biodiversity Management Committee (BMC), BDO, Singur, Hooghly, West Bengal.
- College has two pits located at the college ground for the disposal of two categories of solid wastes (biodegradable and non-biodegradable).
- The college has a large open well where rainwater is harvested.
- The excreted water from AC outlet has been used in the laboratory purpose of two science departments, Zoology and Botany.
- The institution also depends on non- conventional energy sources like solar energy from
- 25th March, 2021. The capacity of solar energy was found to be 10 KW installed by the West Bengal Pollution Control Board. But the proper utilization of that energy is yet to be defined and distributed.
- For the minimum consumption of paper maximum information, notice is communicated digitally through website, E.mail, whatsapp.
- The institution uses LED blubs in staff room and office for minimum power consumption.
Scholarship Notice for signature by Head of the Institution session 2022-23
Notice For State Your Willingness For Admission
Applications are invited for Reserved Categories (Third time)
Cancellation of Admission and Refund of Admission Fee