Backward Class Cell
Government General Degree College, Singur has always upheld the spirit of the Indian Constitution in providing equal opportunities to all sections of society in the sphere of higher education, especially to the Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and Minorities who have been identified as the most backward groups. The Backward Class Cell was established to support and empower the students of our college belonging to the backward and minority section. The Indian Constitution includes Article 340, Article 29 and Article 30 for the protection and development of the backward and minority section. The college remains committed to the spirit of the Constitution in protecting the rights of students from these sections. The sole purpose of the Backward Class Cell of GGDC- Singur is to empower the SC, ST, OBC A and OBC B communities in the region for the holistic development of students from those communities. The college takes special interest in facilitating various supports to students from these communities from government agencies and other possible sources. They are also encouraged to enroll for career orientation programs, which would empower and equip them with the necessary skills to choose a career option.
- Backward Class Cell has been created in the college to resolve all the affairs and problems related to the SC, ST and OBC Students of the college. Following are the important work under OBC Cell-
- All affairs related to SC, ST and OBC students.
- To take such follow up measures for achieving the objectives and targets laid down for the purpose by the Government of India and the UGC.
- To aware the SC, ST and OBC students regarding various scholarships program of State Government, GoI, UGC, DST and many more NGOs and agencies.
- Communication with the students and motivating them for better future planning and career opportunities.
- Collecting reports and information of State Government and UGC; orders on various aspects of education, employment of SC, ST and OBC Students.
- Circulating State Government and UGC’s timely observations on SC, ST and OBC communities.
- Informing students about all possible scholarships and fellowships.
- Providing all possible help for students of SC, ST and OBC communities suffering with any kind of personal and/or professional (social, economical or educational) problems.
Backward Class Cell Members:
|Sl. No.||Name||Designation||Nominated as|
|1.||Dr. Monohar Hossain Mondal||Assistant Professor in Chemistry||Convenor|
|2.||Prof. Kaushik Das||Assistant Professor in Political Science||Member|
|3.||Prof. Jamader Kisku||Assistant Professor in Santali||Member|
Dr. Monohar Hossain Mondal, WBES
Asst. Prof. in Chemistry
Government General Degree College, Singur
Phone : +91-9475337890
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarship Notice for signature by Head of the Institution session 2022-23
Notice For State Your Willingness For Admission
Applications are invited for Reserved Categories (Third time)
Cancellation of Admission and Refund of Admission Fee